Appliances use approximately 13% of your home’s electricity and older appliances drain even more. A refrigerator from the 1970s costs $200 more to operate every year than a current model; a 1980s costs $100 in energy dollars annually. Cloverland Electric offers members a $50 incentive for recycling a refrigerator or freezer (10-30 cubic ft.) that is in working condition (limit two) Please note: the recycling program is seasonal.
Energy Efficient Appliance Rebates
Updating your home, farm or business appliances? Receive rebates on your appliance purchase when your choose qualifying ENERGY STAR or Energy Optimization products. Learn more about business and agriculture rebate offers here.Residential Incentives 2022 Residential Application 2022
Compact Fluorescent Lightbulb (CFL) Recycling
Co-op members can now safely dispose of used, unbroken compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) at our Cloverland Dafter office, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Simply place your bulbs in specially-marked recycling containers and we’ll recycle them for you.
Why Choose ENERGY STAR Qualified LED Lighting:
- Reduces energy costs — uses up to 90% less energy than incandescent lighting, saving on operating expenses.
- Reduces maintenance costs — lasts 35 to 50 times longer than incandescent lighting and about 2 to 5 times longer than fluorescent lighting. No bulb-replacements, no ladders, no ongoing disposal program.
- Reduces cooling costs — LEDs produce very little heat.
- Is guaranteed — comes with a minimum three-year warranty — far beyond the industry standard.
- Offers convenient features — available with dimming on some indoor models and automatic daylight shut-off and motion sensors on some outdoor models.
- Is durable — won’t break like a bulb.
Source: Energy Star website
Purchase the right LED:
Learn about LED lighting.
Review the LED Purchasing Guide to make sure you’re buying the correct size, color, and style of CFL based upon the type of fixtures and lighting conditions.
View the Energy Star Choose a Light Guide.